Monday, June 28, 2010

Latest news from Hartley Wintney

It is some time since I blogged and I am going to start to write and try to download pics. Honest.

Firstly and sadly our beloved dog Valentina passed away on April 7th after an operation. It was found she had cancer and that was the reason she was so quiet and tired from middle of Feb. It was a shame she went so through so much with looking at from the vet, but in the end it proved she was really ill.

We can't function without a dog. So, I contacted English Setter Rescue and we now have Agassi a ten year old male from Ireland. A great old boy he is too. I can hardly believe he was a working dog for ten years. He resides most days on the sofa having retired gracefully and is as good as any other house dog.

He loves walks on the common and is so quiet in the house, doesn't come upstairs (isn't used to them) and stays in the garden on the grass most days.

We have been here over a year now and how did that happen?

Brian walks with U3A group once a month. I teach creative writing twice a month. My first year just finished and I have five brilliant, budding writers after three terms of hard work.
We both work in the local charity shop, different days of course!
Don't ask about the novel, it is writing itself in my head, soon to be put down on paper then typed up at speed.

No comments: